When it comes to our kids, we believe in leaving no stone unturned. That’s why we developed a comprehensive screening process for Piggyback Rides Driver. It is designed to make sure your kids – and ours – are safe, comfortable and always well cared for. We’ll help you get them where they need to go, safely and reliably.
Piggyback Rides Drivers are fully vetted and Drivers must pass an intensive 17- point driver certification process.
Piggyback Rides 17-Point Driver Certification Process
- 1. Loves children and has at least 5 years of child & family service experience
- 2. No criminal record
- 3. We conduct criminal record check legally permissible at the county, state and federal levels everywhere the driver has lived in the last five-seven years.
- 4. All drivers are fingerprinted
- 5. No sex offender record
- 6. No record with the Department of Children and Families
- 7. Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- 8. Has proper S or V student transportation endorsement
- 9. Valid CT drivers license
- 10. Good driving record. Every driver is required to submit a valid motor vehicle driving report from the Department of Motor Vehicles
- 11. Age 24 or older
- 12. In-person meeting with a member of the PBR team
- 13. Completes in-person driver orientation
- 14. 3 Letters of professional reference
- 15. Adopts the Piggyback Rides Driver Code of Conduct
- 16. Adopts our zero tolerance policy for smoking, drugs and alcohol while driving
- 17. Adopts the zero tolerance policy for illegal mobile device usage while a rider is in the car.
Behind the scenes:
Piggyback Rides monitors all rides in real time and you can contact our support team at any time. We go the extra mile to protect you and the kids with specialized insurance and a permits from the State of Connecticut.
Piggyback Rides has safely completed thousands of rides, for kids aged 6+.
Let us handle the pick-ups and drop-offs so you can focus on the kids and programs. From soccer clubs to gymnastic studios, businesses and nonprofits, use Piggyback Rides to grow enrollment and get more kids in the door. We also help schools reduce traffic and provide another option. You’ll have a safe and flexible ride service for kids.